We've written the description below to be helpful to you. After reading it, you should be able to decide for yourself if this is something you should pursue or not.
The best way to get a first interview is to write thoughtful answers that will make us want to learn more about you. You should put in the same effort that you bring to your work each and every day. We read each application, resume, and cover letter. Nothing is automated and there is no machine or robot.
We expect thoughtfulness and high performance from everyone at Apptegy and we look for that throughout the interview process. We are excited to hear from you!
Apptegy’s Onboarding Team continues to grow and we are looking for high performers to join us in empowering school leaders to share their districts’ stories with Thrillshare — Apptegy’s core product. Read on if you’re interested in technology, want to be in a training role, and can handle the demands of a fast growing startup.
You will serve as an ambassador and advocate for clients while providing them with the tools and training needed to be successful. By collaborating with teams across the company, you’ll manage the setup process for each client to make sure they have the best launch experience possible.
You will become an expert in our core product, Thrillshare, and train school administrators and staff on how to use it. Through regular video and phone calls and screen sharing, you’ll train school leaders on the product, answer their questions, and help them use Thrillshare to accomplish their larger strategy — all from our office in Little Rock.
You will strive to be helpful through numerous individual conversations and support oriented tasks each day. From product training to SIS (School Information System) integration, this position gives us the opportunity to set our clients up for success while setting the foundation for a lasting, healthy relationship with Apptegy.
Onboarders display both tactical and technical dexterity while maintaining a high degree of empathy, proactivity, and grit. We are looking for team members who are both technically agile and strong communicators, and we are selective in who will join the team next. We expect you to be able to:
1. Have a sense of urgency and drive: You will do whatever it takes to help a client, a coworker, or a project move forward. You are proactive and anticipate needs before you are asked. You’re able to put aside what is easiest for you to deliver an experience that is best for others.
2. Empower others, not just check boxes: While you are expected to learn and know the product at a deep level, you must be able to take that knowledge and communicate it to others. A key part of this role is translating what you know to others in a way that is understandable and gives them confidence in the product and in their ability to use Thrillshare accomplish their goals.
3. Be an expert on our products: We are an education technology company and that means you have to be able to pick up technology quickly, especially our own. You must be naturally curious or have learned the skill of being curious so that you can understand every action, feature, and possible use case of our products.
4. Be passionate and relentless: Superintendents and administrators have some of the most stressful and demanding jobs in the world. They are responsible for the safety, well being, and education of thousands of students. It’s a great honor to play a small part in helping them do their jobs. That requires you to be passionate about helping them and to be relentless until that job is done.
5. Learn how we think & be coachable: Whether this is your first job in a client facing role or you are an expert at client relations, you must be coachable. We do not want to merely replicate a standard playbook of best practices. Our aim (and your aim) must be to take an Apptegy approach to every interaction and look for ways to surprise our clients.
Demonstrable academic and professional success
Willingness to work hard and do whatever it takes:
An ability to manage your day and be effective & efficient:
Remarkable communication and presentation skills:
Since our start in 2015, we’ve gone from a group of individuals to a community pushing toward the same goal of building a fantastic company with great people, great products and, most importantly, a great culture. To date, we have grown to more than 140 team members working with more than 1,200 clients across 49 states.
Apptegy is building products to empower school leaders to run better schools. We have the opportunity to help schools as they go through a radical shift in how they operate and to provide great technology to make that transition.
We believe our culture of Thoughtfulness and High Performance is the most important thing we have to get right at this stage in our journey. If we get the right people working together in productive ways, we can do anything.
We expect you to bring your whole self to work and that begins with your application and interviews. The way you interview should be a reflection of how you work. Our best employees prepare, are meticulous, and aim to put their whole energy into whatever it is they are doing.
We take our responsibility as a company seriously and aim to make this the best job that you’ve had (and one that sets you up for future success). We want your day at work and your time at home to be a joyful experience that’s why we provide:
If the challenge of building a rapidly growing startup excites you as much as it does us, we hope that you’ll consider joining us.