We've written the description below to be helpful to you. After reading it, you should be able to decide for yourself if this is something you should pursue or not.
The best way to get a first interview is to write thoughtful answers that will make us want to learn more about you. You should put in the same effort that you bring to your work each and every day. We read each application, resume, and cover letter. Nothing is automated and there is no machine or robot.
We expect thoughtfulness and high performance from everyone at Apptegy and we look for that throughout the interview process. We are excited to hear from you!
The Technical Operations team are teachers internally and product experts externally with a mastery of compliance and product integrations. The team empowers our clients and teammates to perform at the highest level possible through training and our support channels.
You will be responsible for directly and indirectly providing an incredible experience for our clients when they reach out to Apptegy for support using our products. To do that you will become an expert at Apptegy’s product and its features. Our core product, Thrillshare, enables schools across the U.S. to communicate, share stories, and build a strong brand. During onboarding and training, you will be expected to learn quickly and go deep into the product.
We are open to various backgrounds, but you should have a technical background or a technical mindset. For example, you should be someone who naturally enjoys troubleshooting problems and/or walking someone through the steps to get their internet/computer/email working. After 3+ months, you should know the product at a deep level so that you can assist and support our clients and our Onboarding and Client Success teams.
In addition, knowledge of testing or an interest in testing is helpful. The Tech Ops team also handles some testing for each update and release of our core product.
We have high expectations for the next member of our Tech Ops team. The number of clients and users has increased dramatically in the past year. Yet, we are intent on crafting an experience unlike any other vendor. In a Tech Ops role, we expect you to:
1. Be responsible and own your work: When you’re given a task, you own it in every way. If you do not know the answer to a question, you own up to that and look for the answer, whether that means asking for help or doing hours of research until you solve it.
2. Be curious & go deep: You push yourself to dive in completely to your task, understand it from every angle, and to learn more. You do the follow up work necessary so that you can gain expertise.
3. Be technically minded & have an eye for detail: Tech Ops is a role that requires you to understand the finer points and capabilities of our product. It’s not enough to know what it does; you will be responsible for understanding how it does it and why. An interest in or experience with code, programming or computer science is helpful. Moreover, you must be able to see and notice the smallest details from a misplaced comma to uncovering what a client is really asking in their question.
4. Have a sense of urgency & drive: You will do whatever it takes to help a client, a coworker, or a project move forward. You’re able to put aside what is easiest for you to deliver an experience that is best for others and do so with speed.
5. Empower others: While you are expected to learn and know the product at a deep level, you must be able to take that knowledge and communicate it to others. A key part of this role is translating what you know in a way that is understandable and gives clients and coworkers confidence in the product and in their ability to help others.
Willingness to work hard and do whatever it takes:
An ability to manage your day and be effective & efficient:
Technically minded and empathetic:
Since our start in 2015, we’ve gone from a group of individuals to a community pushing toward the same goal of building a fantastic company with great people, great products and, most importantly, a great culture. To date, we have grown to more than 140 team members working with more than 1,000 clients across 49 states.
Apptegy is building products to empower school leaders to run better schools. We have the opportunity to help schools as they go through a radical shift in how they operate and to provide great technology to make that transition.
We believe our culture of Thoughtfulness and High Performance is the most important thing we have to get right at this stage in our journey. If we get the right people working together in productive ways, we can do anything.
We expect you to bring your whole self to work and that begins with your application and interviews. The way you interview should be a reflection of how you work. Our best employees prepare, are meticulous, and aim to put their whole energy into whatever it is they are doing.
We take our responsibility as a company seriously and aim to make this the best job that you’ve had (and one that sets you up for future success). We want your day at work and your time at home to be a joyful experience that’s why we provide:
If the challenge of building a rapidly growing startup excites you as much as it does us, we hope that you’ll consider joining us.