Apptegy’s Finance team is growing. We’re looking for someone to join us and work with our CFO on the FP&A side. Apptegy works with thousands of schools across the U.S. As that growth has expanded, we have a need for a dedicated FP&A Analyst that has deep technical skills, can move quickly, and understands (or can learn) the in’s and out’s of SaaS (Software as a Service) and the metrics that matter to us and our investors.
You will work closely with our CFO and other team members on the Finance team from accounting to business intelligence. Your focus will be on building, owning and maintaining financial models, including budget modeling, periodic financial forecasting, and analyses. You might also be involved in and responsible for corporate raises, M&A work, and more.
1. Expert technical skills: You know how to make Excel do anything you need and do it quickly. You have exceptional skills with pivot tables, advanced formulas (SUMIFS, SUMPRODUCT, VLOOKUP, etc), and can access the powerful, advanced functions. You can know how to build a 3-statement financial model. You can improve on existing models and break them down into smaller components.
2. Meticulousness & speed: You are careful in your work, particular about the smallest details, and pride yourself on accuracy. Double and triple checking your work is nothing new. At the same time, you know how to move quickly and can drive towards a goal with focus and momentum.
3. Shrewd judgement: While you know how to make Excel do magic and never miss a digit, you also know how to analyze and find insights within the numbers. While you will work with others on interpreting data, you have and want to grow into developing narratives from the numbers, highlighting key data, and making recommendations from your observations.
4. Thoughtful intensity: You are intense in your work and can manage on your own, but you also know how to look up and help others. You know that Finance is a team that helps Apptegy’s teams, clients and investors. Working diligently gives you the opportunity to help others and take things off their plate when needed.
5. Growth mindset: You are mastering the skill of self-improvement and see every obstacle as an opportunity to learn and grow. While you take pride in everyday work, you also take pride in overcoming new challenges —whether technical or personal in nature.
An aptitude for challenge & a track record of success:
An ability to manage your day and be effective & efficient:
Remarkable financial & technological savvy
Since our start in 2015, we’ve gone from a group of individuals to a community pushing toward the same goal of building a fantastic company with great people, great products and, most importantly, a great culture. To date, we have grown to more than 140 team members working with more than 1,000 clients across 49 states.
Apptegy is building products to empower school leaders to run better schools. We have the opportunity to help schools as they go through a radical shift in how they operate and to provide great technology to make that transition.
We believe our culture of Thoughtfulness and High Performance is the most important thing we have to get right at this stage in our journey. If we get the right people working together in productive ways, we can do anything.
We take our responsibility as a company seriously and aim to make this the best job that you’ve had (and one that sets you up for future success). We want your day at work and your time at home to be a joyful experience that’s why we provide:
If the challenge of building a rapidly growing startup excites you as much as it does us, we hope that you’ll consider joining us.
Apptegy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.