We've written the description below to be helpful to you. After reading it, you should be able to decide for yourself if this is something you should pursue or not.
The best way to get a first interview is to write thoughtful answers that will make us want to learn more about you. You should put in the same effort that you bring to your work each and every day. We read each application, resume, and cover letter. Nothing is automated and there is no machine or robot.
We expect thoughtfulness and high performance from everyone at Apptegy and we look for that throughout the interview process. We are excited to hear from you!
Apptegy’s Sales Development Team continues to grow and we are looking for high performers to join us in getting the attention of school leaders across the United States.
We like to highlight that most of our SDRs did not have Sales experience before working at Apptegy (but they’re really good at it now!). Even if you have never been in a sales role, we would still very much like to talk with you if you’re up to the challenge.
That said there are many people that should not apply, read on to find out more.
You will be a key part of helping Apptegy grow. The Sales Development position is what has put Apptegy on the map. There are more than 1,000 school districts across the United States that use Apptegy and Thrillshare because a Sales Development Rep (SDR) called them, caught their attention, and set up a time for them to learn more on a demo.
Your goal is to thoughtfully connect with school administrators and school leaders through phone calls. You will spend most of your day on the phone talking to secretaries, assistants, superintendents, and others. Within a few minutes of conversation, you will turn the conversation into a scheduled video demo with a Sales Rep. You will also send follow up emails to coordinate with sales reps and superintendents.
In addition to calls, the Sales Development team does whatever it takes to open doors to school leaders through creative custom videos, emails, and more.
1. Create interest and intrigue with outbound calls: The core part of your role will be to reach out to school administrators, leaders, and superintendents by phone. You should be able to have an engaging conversation with anyone when needed.
2. Transfer confidence: While you are not selling the product on your calls, you are selling the value of a demo with a Sales Rep. To do that, you must be confident in your interactions in a way that tells the other person the demo will be a good use of their time and that this is a product that we know without a doubt will provide value to them. That includes a willingness to kindly push back and address objections.
3. Be Coachable: Our approach to sales is both common and exceptionally rare. Many of the activities we do are practiced in sales teams everywhere, but the expectations we have and the way that we approach even a short conversation are unique. To be successful as an SDR, you must be able to listen to feedback, own that feedback, and then take action to implement feedback.
4. Have resilience and grit: Next to coachability, the most important attribute in this role is the ability to persist. You must be relentless and be able to draw from past experiences when you overcame a challenge or obstacle in your way. Sales involves daily rejection and you must be capable of pushing through it.
5. Desire to work hard and to grow: This is a role that will challenge you and help you grow. To be successful you must have high expectations for yourself and be willing to put in the time, the effort, and the sweat to meet those expectations.
Note: Most of our SDRs did not have Sales experience before working at Apptegy. Even if you have never been in a sales role, we would still very much like to talk with you.
An aptitude for challenge & a track record of success:
An ability to manage your day and be effective & efficient:
Remarkable communication and presentation skills:
What is it like to work at Apptegy?
Since our start in 2015, we’ve gone from a group of individuals to a community pushing toward the same goal of building a fantastic company with great people, great products and, most importantly, a great culture. To date, we have grown to more than 140 team members working with more than 1,000 clients across 49 states.
Apptegy is building products to empower school leaders to run better schools. We have the opportunity to help schools as they go through a radical shift in how they operate and to provide great technology to make that transition.
We believe our culture of Thoughtfulness and High Performance is the most important thing we have to get right at this stage in our journey. If we get the right people working together in productive ways, we can do anything.
We take our responsibility as a company seriously and aim to make this the best job that you’ve had (and one that sets you up for future success). We want your day at work and your time at home to be a joyful experience that’s why we provide:
If the challenge of building a rapidly growing startup excites you as much as it does us, we hope that you’ll consider joining us.
Apptegy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.